- Sergio Camacho (former Chair of UNCOPUOS Action Team on NEOs)
- Lindley Johnson (NASA Hq)
- Boris Shustov (INASAN)
- Giovanni Valsecchi (INAF-IAPS/NEODyS)
- Patrick Michel (Observatoire de la Côte d'Azur)
- Alan Harris (DLR)
- Detlef Koschny (ESA/ESTEC)
- Paul Chodas (JPL)
IAWN Signatories and their capabilities
Below are the current signatories of the IAWN Statement of Intent.
- Peter Birtwhistle, West Berkshire, England:
- CNSA (Chinese National Space Administration): CNSA statement
- CrAO (Crimean Astrophysical Observatory, Russian Academy of Sciences): CrAO statement
- ESA (European Space Agency): ESA statement
- ESO (European Southern Observatory): ESO statement
- INAOE (the National Institute of Astrophysics, Optics, and Electronics in Cholua, Mexico): INAOE statement
- INASAN (the Institute of Astronomy, Russian Academy of Sciences): INASAN statement
- ISTP (Institute of Solar-Terrestrial Physics, Russian Academy of Sciences): ISTP statement
- KAO UrFU (Kourovka Astronomical Observatory of the Ural Federal University): KAO UrFU statement
- KASI (Korea Astronomy Space Science Institute, Daejeon, South Korea): KASI statement
- SAO RAS (Special Astrophysical Observatory of the Russian Academy of Sciences): SAO RAS statement
- NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration, United States): USA statement
- University of Narino, Pasto, Colombia:
- Vinjan Observatory, Croatia: Vinjan Observatory statement
- Zwicky Transient Facility (ZTF): ZTF statement
- NBO (Northolt Branch Observatories): NBO statement
- Sormano Astronomical Observatory: Sormano statement
- David Balam, Spaceguard Consulting, Canada: Spaceguard statement
- Patrick Wiggins, United States: Wiggins statement
- SONEAR Observatory, Brazil: SONEAR statement
- Instituto de Astrofisica de Canarias (IAC): IAC statement
- Fondazione GAL Hassin: GAL Hassin statement
- Jordi Camarasa, Paus Observatory (B49): Camarasa statement
- Israel Space Agency (ISA): ISA statement
- Gennady Borisov, Mobil Astronomical Robotics Genon Observatory (MARGO): Borisov statement
- Keldysh Institute of Applied Mathematics of the Russian Academy of Sciences (KIAM RAS): KIAM statement
- Agenzia Spaziale Italiana (ASI): ASI statement
- Baldone Astrophysical Observatory, Latvia: Baldone statement
- Osservatorio Astronomico "G.V. SCHIAPARELLI", Italy: Schiaparelli Observatory statement
- Observatoire de la Côte d'Azur: OCA statement
Readers will note a broad range of expertise among the signatories, from amateur astronomers providing follow-up astrometry of NEOs through space agencies. We suggest interested parties give the Statement of Intent a look, and contact us if you are currently participating in NEO-related activities and interested in signing.
How to Join IAWN
Then, if you feel your group falls within the roles described here, to apply to IAWN, please:
- If you are an observing station, please be sure you have obtained an observatory code from the Minor Planet Center before applying for IAWN membership.
- Provide a signed PDF (scanned, emailed copy is fine) indicating you understand your roles and responsibilities according to the Statement of Intent.
- In the same PDF, briefly describe your facility, personnel, and capabilities as they apply to IAWN.
Please note a half page to a full page is completely fine for our purposes. Please see the statements of various IAWN members (above). These can serve as models or templates for your application materials.
Your packet will be voted upon by the IAWN Steering Committee.